Saturday 12 July 2014

Genealogy of some Lippeaue cattle

This is the last post of this little Taurus cattle series, I promise. Using an extremely helpful list I was given when I visited the Lippeaue plus what I already, I made a genealogical table of a very small portion of the Taurus cattle currently (or, summer 2013) used there. This table might be updated if I made any wrong assumptions. 

Photos of
Eloisia, Lancelot, Lucio, Luca and Ludovica: © ABU 
Churro: © Peter von Burg (Check out his cool archive!)

All the other photos were taken by myself.

As you see, all crosses in this selection descend from one Heck bull and one Chianina cow, while there are three Sayaguesa. Don't worry, there are of course a lot more founding individuals, particularly Heck cows I assume.  

3 comments:

  1. Pachyornis, I would like to re-publish one of the jpegs you posted earlier of your clay models of aurochs. I will give you credit and link to your blog. Please contact me at hello-at-there-dot-net to discuss. (I am leaving this as a comment because I can't find an email address for you here.) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find an url with the words you wrote, sorry.

      Delete
  2. It is not a url in my comment, but an email address, with the punctuation spelled out. Please email to:

    hello [at] there [dot] net

    [at] is "@" and [dot] is "."

    I spell it this way in the comment because if one leaves the full actual email address, spam-bots pick it up and add it to spam lists.

    I hope to get permission ASAP! The email exchange will just take a few minutes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete